What is Ergonomics
ERGONOMICS is essentially about “fitting work to people“. It is the process of designing or arranging workplaces, products and systems so that they fit the people who use them.
How we use Ergonomics to Help your Business
We use Ergonomics to better improve the working conditions of your company and movement techniques of your workers, which will enable us to produce more efficient and productive workers.
Ergonomics in the Workplace
Ergonomics play an important role in the workplace and can be the difference between a productive worker and a non-productive worker. Poor ergonomics can cause various problems such as:
- Poor Posture
- Back Pain
- Neck pain
- Tension in the hands & arms.
- Leg cramps
- Tight muscles and joints
These problems inevitably affect productivity.
Ergonomic assessments of workstations and movement techniques identify various aspects and features such as:
- Work surface
- Equipment set-up, eg. Computer screens, telephone, keyboard etc
- Ambient noise
- Lifting techniques
- Tool accessibility
- Repetition of Movement
Benefits of Ergonomic Workstations
- Increase overall comfort
- Alleviate pain in affected areas
- Reduce fatigue in neck, upper limb and eyes
- Boost efficiency
- Reduce probability of errors and associated risks
- Enhance awareness and management of risks
- Reduce injury
Rockhampton Physio’s Ergonomic Consultation
Improving the ergonomics in your workplace will greatly affect your company’s performance and success. We base our consultation on sound research of your business and make our solutions specific to your business needs, problems and goals.
Consultation in Work Environments
Rockhampton Physio offers specialist ergonomic consultations aimed at solving problems in various work environments such as:
- Conventional office workstations
- All aspects of Mining
- Long haul and heavy machinery drivers such as forklifts, trucks, cranes and loaders
- Construction sites
- Enhanced work efficiency
- Boost workers’ morale and employment satisfaction
- Remove/reduce feelings of resentment towards your business
- Promote an improved safety culture and safe work practices
- Reduce absenteeism
- Reduce staff turnover
- Reduce recruitment and retraining costs
- Minimize loss of expertise/skill base
- Mitigate losses related to lost time due to injuries, redeployment or permanent disability of your workers
Click here to see how Rockhampton Physio can help make your company a safer and more productive workplace.